A BRAVE NEW WORLD
The new realities which we are currently living through have created unique challenges. One of those is how to use TECHNOLOGY to do the things we have always done in the past in person.
EVERYTHING IS ONLINE!
We are all having to deal with this on some level and wile as frustrating as it all is, it's what is KEEPING US SAFE right now.
That is exactly what has driven us to take our June camps online- the safety of OUR STUDENT'S, THEIR FAMILIES AND OUR COMMUNITY.
Is this the preferred way of doing things? NO
As artists we are always looking for new and create ways to do things. Our kids at Hub are amazing artists and they are ready to rise to the challenge.
AMAZING ONLINE OFFERINGS ARE READY FOR YOUR TALENTED KIDS!
WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
The goal of this page is to guide you & your camper through attending camp ONLINE with us this summer!
What do we need to know & do for camps online?
Here are some guidelines for attending camps with us online. Feeling overwhelmed? Not getting the answers you need?
WE'RE HERE TO HELP!
1. Online camps will NOT BE LIKE ONLINE SCHOOL! We know your kids have been cooped up sitting in front of a screen for a couple of months! Online camp will be ACTIVE, ENGAGINE & FUN!
2. Parents will not need to SIT WITH THEIR KIDS DURING CAMP TIME (although an adult must be in the household during camp times FOR 12 & UNDER). Campers will need a dedicated space with enough room to move & dance. They will need internet access & a device that allows them to connect to the internet. SEND A SNACK AND LUNCH WITH THEM & LET US TAKE IT FROM THERE!
3. Options are available for both FULL DAY CAMP & HALF DAY CAMP. We understand that your camper may not be ready for a full day of online camp. The camp day will be filled with activities but it we will also have frequent breaks (45 mins of instruction/15 minute breaks.
4. Final performances will still take place! Campers will video themselves along with us recording performances on Zoom & it will all be edited together into a final ONLINE PERFORMANCE!
CAMP PACKING LIST
1. Online campers will need one of the following: CELL PHONE, IPAD, LAPTOP OR COMPUTER. If they have access to two of these that's great! The device needs to be able to connect to the internet.
2. Band app on either phone or ipad. This app will be used for communication to campers along with links to go to for zoom sessions, videos, etc. We will give you the code once registered. You can also access it on a computer.
3. If you using a phone or ipad, camper will need the zoom app. This is how we will all meet online. If on a computer, can just go to zoom.us and join with the link given. Campers will come on at the start of each day all together & then just like in person camps they will go to different classes based on age, ability & focus.
4. Camper will need a dedicated space they can "go to camp." Someplace with enough space to move & dance. Think of it as them "going off to camp." We suggest sending them with a water bottle, snacks & if full day a lunch! That way everyone has the feeling of being at camp.
5. Make sure you have completed the google form for online campers. This form will be sent to you when you register & is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Campers 12 & under will be REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ADULT IN THE HOUSEHOLD DURING CAMP TIMES.
ONLINE CAMPS DESCRIPTION
INFORMATION BELOW ON EACH CAMP BEING OFFERED ONLINE
TRIPLE THREAT SKILLS CAMP- JUNE 1-5
This ONE WEEK camp offers campers a chance to explore new skills & develop current skills. Campers 3rd through 12th grades
CAMP DAY- 10:00-4:00 (3:00-4:00 reserved for individual focus & recording performance content- so just five hour day online) The day starts with everyone together & then campers will split into age groups for small group instruction.
Each day has a different SKILL FOCUS- join us the entire week & receive instruction in ALL FIVE SKILLS or pop in for the days that interest your camper.
MONDAY- ACTING- work with amazing instructors to learn new skills for acting. Every camper will work on a monologue & learn how to break down a monologue, create a believable character & performance techniques.
TUESDAY- DANCE- take your dance skills to the next level! Learn 8 counts of dance & then create your own 8 count. Full week campers will have a dance they perform for final showcase.
WEDNESDAY- VOICE- this is the day for singers. Learn technique, breath control, how to choose the right song for your voice & more! Full week campers will have a song they perform for final showcase.
THURSDAY- FILM- a new offering for 2020! Local filmmaker will take campers through ACTING ON CAMERA & techniques for editing your own iphone movies. Some campers' movies will be shown in the final showcase.
FRIDAY- TECHNICAL THEATRE- PLAYWRIGHTING- learn about LIGHTS, SOUND, COSTUMES, STAGE MANAGEMENT! For the writers out there, your day will be spent learning about how to write a play!
CAMP WILL INCLUDE A FINAL SHOWCASE THAT WILL SPOTLIGHT THE DIFFERENT SKILLS & WILL BE SHOWN ON YOUTUBE.
BROADWAY BOUND ADVANCED MUSICAL THEATRE- JUNE 15- JULY 2
This THREE WEEK camp offers campers a chance to take their MUSICAL THEATRE SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL. Campers 3rd through 12 grades will take MASTER CLASSES in ACTING, SINGING, DANCE & AUDITION TECHNIQUES. Campers will perform in a final ONLINE SHOWCASE.
CAMP DAY- 10:00-4:00 (3:00-4:00 reserved fr individual instruction and recording of showcase content) HALF DAY OPTION AVAILABLE- Campers can choose to attend 1:00-4:00 only.
MASTER CLASSES- This focused camp is designed around the master class concept- indepth skills instruction followed by application of the skill. Sessions will be 45 minutes long followed by a 15 minute break.
MUSICAL THEATRE MOCK AUDITION- after attending the MASTER CLASS for auditioning techniqes, students will participate in a mock audition with BROADWAY PROFESSIONALS as judges!
FINAL SHOWCASE PERFORMANCE- campers will be assigned different performances- solos, duets, dance- these will be recorded some through Zoom and others on their own. These will be edited together into a final showcase video which will be shown on our YouTube channel.
TRIPLE THREAT SKILLS CAMP
FULL WEEK TUITION- $125
POP IN DAY TUITION- $45 A DAY
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE
BROADWAY BOUND ADVANCED CAMP
FULL DAY THREE WEEK TUITION- $400
HALF DAY THREE WEEK TUITION- $200
FOUR MASTER CLASS TUITION- $100
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE